Save some money by making your own granola at home. This Coconut Raisin Granola contains raisins and unsweetened coconut flakes. It is a delicious breakfast or snack granola made from pantry staples.
Did you know that making your own granola is really easy? All you need is an oven, baking sheet and some dry pantry staples to make this classic snack or cereal topping.
Today, I am sharing a basic Homemade Baked Granola recipe that can be adapted to reflect what you might have on-hand in your pantry.
Best oats to use
The best type of oats to use for homemade granola is old fashioned “rolled oats“.
We used unsweetened coconut flakes, and raisins in our granola because that is what we had on-hand. However, you can accommodate what your pantry has available. Ideas include:
- slivered almonds
- dried cranberries (or any dried fruits)
- chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips
Oils to use
We used coconut oil but you can also use unsalted butter if you do not have coconut oil in your pantry.
You can store this baked granola in clean mason jars or air-tight plastic bags. Ours went pretty quickly, but it can last for at least 1 week when in an air-tight, dry container.
For us, these are no-brainer reasons to use these very tasty gummies!
Baked Granola Recipe
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Mix in egg white, melted coconut oil and extract.
- Mix until all the oats are damp.
- Bake for 15 mins at 350, stir and then return to oven to bake for another 15 mins.
- Once oats come out of the oven, be sure to mix in the coconut flakes, and the raisins.