Easter is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start thinking about fun Easter egg treats to make with kids! These Crisped Rice Easter Egg Treats are a delicious and easy way to show your holiday spirit or excitement for Spring. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these yummy cereal eggs are sure to be a hit with everyone in the family. This post contains affiliate links.
One of my favorite things about Spring is all the fun treats that I look forward to making with my kids. From Easter Flower Cake Pops to Magic Peeps Rolls there are just so many cute and colorful edible DIYS to enjoy this time of year! Today, we are featuring some fun products we were gifted from the folks at Wilton. These Easter icings, candy melts, molds, and products can be found at stores like Michael’s & Amazon.
What You Need to Make Cereal Egg Treats
Microwave-Safe Large Bowl – To melt the butter and mini marshmallows in the microwave.
Jelly Roll Pan – To mold the prepared rice cereal. You will need two that are each lined with parchment paper. Kitchen Gloves will also be needed to keep your hands clean as you press the cereal mixture into the pan.
Microwave & Microwave-safe bowls – To melt the Wilton Candy Melts. (There are a ton of pretty pastel colors from Wilton that will surely help make your spring treats adorable.)
You will also need forks to mix the candy melts.
How to Make Easter Egg Cereal Treats
In a large microwave-safe bowl add mini marshmallows and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and return to the microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds.
Add in rice cereal and mix. With gloved, or greased hands, firmly press the mixture into a parchment-lined jelly roll pan, or Wilton Mini Easter Egg Shaped Silicone Treat Molds depending on what you are using. You want the thickness to be around 1½”, but there is some flexibility.
Using an egg cookie cutter, cut out egg shapes, and place them on a parchment-lined sheet.
Once all shapes are molded or cut out it is time to dip them in candy melts.
Place Wilton Candy Melts in microwave-safe bowls. Melt one color at a time (in 30-second intervals), stirring until smooth.
Dip eggs into candy melts, and sprinkle on desired sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Then, place dipped on parchment paper to set. Repeat with remaining colors. Let eggs sit for about 15 minutes before adding additional Wilton Icing Pouch designs. Wilton has a variety of pastel Icing Pouches that can effortlessly help to decorate your cereal treats.
Storing Rice Cereal Treats
Most rice cereal treats will last for up to two weeks if they are stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. However, if they are exposed to moisture or heat, they may spoil more quickly. If you want to enjoy these treats at a later time, place them in an airtight, freezer-friendly bag or container for up to 3 months.
More Fun Easter Treats
Rice Cereal Easter Egg Treats
- large microwave-safe bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- disposable kitchen gloves to press mixture into the pan, or mini egg molds.
- 2 jelly roll pan
- 2 parchment paper
- 1 Easter Egg Cookie Cutter
- 2 Small Microwave-safe bowls
- 2 Forks
- Wilton Mini Egg Mold optional- makes about 54 eggs.
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons Easter sprinkles
- 1½ cups Purple Wilton Candy Melts
- 1½ cups Pink Wilton Candy Melts
- Decorative icing *optional
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl add mini marshmallows, and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and return to the microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds.10 ounces mini marshmallows, 4 tablespoons butter
- Add in rice cereal and mix. With gloved, or greased hands, firmly press the mixture into a parchment-lined jelly roll pan, or mini eggs molds depending on what you are using. You want the thickness to be around 1½", but there is some flexibility.6 cups rice cereal
- Using an egg cookie cutter, cut out egg shapes, and place them on a parchment-lined sheet.
- Once all shapes are molded or cut-out it is time to dip them in candy melts.
- Place candy melts in microwave-safe bowls. Melt one color at a time (in 30-ssecond intervals), stirring until smooth.1½ cups Purple Wilton Candy Melts, 1½ cups Pink Wilton Candy Melts
- Dip eggs into candy melts, and sprinkle on desired sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Then, place dipped on parchment paper to set. Repeat with remaining colors. Let eggs set for about 15 minutes before adding additional Wilton icing colors.2 tablespoons Easter sprinkles, Decorative icing
- Serve and enjoy! Place any leftovers in an airtight container.