These Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are a cross between a brownie and a muffin. Best of all, they’re gluten free and use simple whole ingredients like almond powder and banana. This post is sponsored by PB2.
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
6 years ago, my now 9-year-old daughter had to eat a strictly gluten-free diet. When we found out she was having some digestion issues, it was a shock that we would have to drastically change her diet. However, with some knowledge and resources I began baking my own breads, sweet treats like these Healthy Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Gluten-Free baking was a learning curve at first, but I soon began to realize that it was easier than I thought. I began to make some of our favorite recipes gluten-free by incorporating gluten-free flours, oats, and fruits into the recipes we loved.
One of my daughter’s favorite snacks were muffins and brownies. So, one day I created a double chocolate, gluten-free muffin that was fudgy and just like a brownie.
The secret to these muffins was almond butter! This helped to form the consistency needed to bind the ingredients to make a fudgy brownie-like muffin.
BAKING WITH ALMOND PB2
But, since these days I am all about eating more nutritious foods I used the all new Almond PB2. This powdered Almond butter boasts just 1.5 grams of fat per prepared (with water) 2 tablespoons! That is much less versus conventional almond butters.
Plus, the best part is that it bakes up nice too! This recipe was a hit for my family, but it only makes 5 smaller muffins making it excellent for a quick snack. It will curb your chocolate cravings without the extra sugar!
HOW TO RECONSTITUTE ALMOND PB2
Almond PB2 can be easily reconstituted with any liquid of your choice. You can use milk, water–any liquid of your choice.
We mixed ours with water for this recipe and will be sharing two more recipes with you all soon that feature different ways to use this tasty and lightweight powder.
You can find PB2 Almond online and at retailers near you like Target & Walmart. Head on over to the store locator to find a store nearest you.
GET THE PRINTABLE RECIPE FOR THESE HEALTHY GLUTEN FREE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS BELOW!
Healthy Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 8 tbsp PB2 Almond Powder mix with 6 tablespoons of water to reconstitute
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips *can use chunks regular/sugar-free
- 1 tsp chopped nuts your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Spray 5 spots on a 6-count cupcake tin
- In a blender, add banana, egg, reconstituted PB2 Almond Flour, coconut oil, cocoa powder, stevia, salt, and extract.
- Blend until creamy- about 20 seconds.
- Scrape batter from blender and add to cupcake tins.
- Batter will fill 5 spots halfway.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each muffin spot.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool before removing them with a rubber spatula.