This post has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMazolaMarinade.
A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
Grilling season is in full swing now that the weather is finally warm and mild. It is amazing how grilling can turn even the cheapest cuts of meat into something spectacular.
Today, we are sharing an Asian-inspired marinade that tastes delicious on meats like bone-in pork chops. This marinade contains fresh garlic, ginger, and a blend of ingredients you likely have on-hand.
Make a balanced marinade
Every good marinade is composed of balanced ingredients which include an oil and an acid. For this easy pork marinade, we used Mazola® Corn Oil. Mazola Corn Oil is a heart-healthy* cooking oil and creates marinades that make great-tasting food because it has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
With a high smoke point (450˚ F), this corn oil is great for grilling and stir frying at high temperatures. We love using it in our baked good recipes as well.
To balance your marinade you will not only need an oil and vinegar, but also some fresh components and spices. We added freshly minced garlic, grated ginger, green onion, and spices to our marinade.
Marinading pork chops
The beauty of this Asian Pork Marinade is that you can marinade the pork chops in as little as 15 minutes and still get ample flavor. However, the longer you marinate your meat, the more the flavor it will have.
Since I only marinated mine for 15 minutes before grilling, I used a shallow dish. However, a freezer bag securely zippered is also a preferred method for storage in the fridge or freezer. Chops can be marinaded for 24 hours before cooking for optimal flavor.
You can freeze these in the marinade for up to 3 months time. To defrost, place them in the fridge until fully thawed.
Grilled Asian Ginger Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 lbs. Bone-in pork chops *can use boneless as well
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsps. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsps. green onion chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the Mazola® Corn Oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, spices, garlic, and ginger; stir to combine.
- Add pork chops to either a food-safe storage bag or dish and coat with the marinade. Make sure each chop is fully coated. Allow pork chops to marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Place marinaded pork chops on the grill and cook for about 6-7 minutes per side. The internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow pork chops to rest for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!
*See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.