Lemon Cookies Made with Cool Whip are a delicious and easy-to-make summer treat. They are soft, chewy, and full of lemon flavor.
There’s nothing quite like a warm, fresh-baked cookie. And when those cookies are made with lemon and Cool Whip, they’re even better! These cookies are soft, chewy, and full of lemon flavor. They’re the perfect treat for a summer afternoon or a rainy day.
Why We Love these Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
My kids absolutely adore all things citrus so these cookies have always been a favorite since I first baked these Orange Cool Whip Cookies back in 2015. Here are some reasons why they are a must bake.
- They are easy to make. Only 4 ingredients are needed, and they can be made in less than 30 minutes.
- They are delicious. The cookies are soft, chewy, and full of lemon flavor.
- They are versatile. The cookies can be enjoyed on their own, or they can be served with a variety of toppings, such as powdered sugar, lemon glaze, or sandwiched with ice cream inbetween.
- They are affordable. The ingredients are inexpensive, so you can make a batch of cookies without breaking the bank.
The only downsize of baking these is the that dough does become sticky while mixing, but once rolled in powered sugar they are easier to work with.
Lemon Cool Whip Cookies Ingredients
- Lemon cake mix – This provides the base for the cookies and gives them their lemon flavor.
- Lemon extract – Adds extra lemony goodness to the batter but is optional.
- Cool Whip – This adds moisture and creaminess to the cookies.
- Egg – This helps to bind the ingredients together.
- Powdered sugar – This is used to coat the cookies before baking, which gives them a sweet and fluffy exterior.
How to Make Cool Whip Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and egg. Mix until dough is crumbly.
Add extract and Cool Whip. Mix until dough is combined.
Roll dough into balls and coat in powdered sugar.
Place dough balls on ungreased baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to Store Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
Lemon Cool Whip Cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days. They can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you want to freeze the cookies, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours. Then, transfer the cookies to an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat the cookies, thaw them at room temperature for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Here are some additional tips for storing Lemon Cool Whip Cookies:
- If you’re storing the cookies at room temperature, make sure to keep them in a cool, dry place.
- If you’re storing the cookies in the refrigerator, make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent them from drying out.
- If you’re freezing the cookies, make sure to label the container or bag so you know what’s inside.
With proper storage, lemon Cool Whip Cookies will stay fresh and delicious for weeks.
Cool Whip Cookie Variations
- For a chewier cookie, chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking.
- For a crispier cookie, bake for a few minutes longer.
- You can also add other ingredients to the cookie dough, such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit.
- Mix up flavors with different cake mixes- strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, etc.
More Lemon Desserts to Try
Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- oven adjusted to the center rack position
- Large Baking Sheet
- parchment paper
- cookie scoop
- Medium bowl
- small bowl
- rubber spatula
- 15.25 ounces Lemon Cake mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Regular or Extra Creamy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, and egg. Mix until dough is crumbly.
- Add extract and Cool Whip. The dough will be hard to mix and sticky but this is normal.
- Using a cookie scoop, add the dough ball into a dish with powdered sugar. Roll and add to the baking sheet.
- Repeat and keep dough balls 2" apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bottom edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.