Meatless Taco Bake
Tacos are one of them dinner meals that pretty much everyone loves. I know my kids and husband look forward to our unofficial Taco Tuesdays, but I secretly hated them. First of all, I go against the grain and do not really loved hamburger meat. Secondly, do you have the patience to literally stuff 12 tacos and prevent them from fall over and becoming messy? I do not.
That is when I recently decided that I was putting in the towel and not gonna worry about slipping tacos and traditional meat. I was gonna just add my tacos to a casserole pan, and stuff them with broken up meatless burgers. I like the Gardein brand of Black Bean Chipotle Burgers because they have all the spices one would need for tasty taco “meat” already in 4 convenient patties. Just break them up in a frying pan with some oil and you have a tasty and meatless taco base.
Honestly, before baking my tacos I would end up with taco salad more often than not! I am a professional taco shell breaker so one day I figured why not just serve it as a salad since I already made the ugliest tacos in the world. I might be able to make a killer presentation on just about any other meal, but tacos…forget it!
Want to make your family a meatless taco bake? Here is how to do it:
Meatless Taco Bake
- 8 ounces meatless crumbles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 12 Taco Shells
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 tomatoes medium, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook meatless crumbles in a skillet with a little oil.
- Gather casserole or baking dish that can snugly fit your 12 tacos, and arrange them carefully. I had to use a smaller pan to hold the 3-4 extra
- Chop tomato, and cilantro.
- Fill each shell with an even amount of meatless mixture.
- Add your chopped veggies and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Serve with taco sauce & sour cream
Leave a Reply