You’ll love this No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake! It features a rich and creamy peanut butter filling inside a thick and crunchy Oreo crust. This easy cheesecake is topped with real whipped cream, peanut butter cups, chocolate, and peanut butter drizzle. This is the best no bake dessert ever!
I’m always in the mood to bake a delicious cheesecake. My Crustless Cheesecake with Strawberries and New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake recipes were huge hits. This time I decided to try something a little different… a No Bake Cheesecake!
For my No Bake Cheesecake, I thought it would be fun (and yummy) to make it a peanut butter cheesecake with an Oreo crust! How delicious does that sound? You’ll have to try it to see for yourself (you’ll be in LOVE)!
How to Make
To make a cheesecake that doesn’t require baking, there are a few tips you need to know:
A 9″ springform pan is a must! I suggest buttering the inside to prevent the cookie crumbs from sticking. This will allow for much more even slices.
You will also want your cream cheese to be at room temperature. When I first started making cheesecakes, I never realized how important this step was until I made a cheesecake with lumps!
When your cream cheese is at room temperature it is easier to work with and provides a light and fluffy texture.
For this no-bake dessert, you will need the following ingredients on-hand:
- creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces of heavy whipping cream
- unsalted butter
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- confectioners sugar
- chocolate sauce
- peanut butter cups
How to Keep It Firm
So you made a no-bake cheesecake but it was mushy and more like “fluffy” pudding versus, ice cream cake texture?
Here is what probably went wrong… You did not allow it to chill long enough!
The key to a no-bake dessert is to make sure the chilling period is sufficient. If it is not, your dessert will be soft and mushy.
How long to chill in the freezer
This no bake cheesecake requires a minimum of 4 hours to chill. However, for best results making it a day ahead is best! This allows the cheesecake to firm up perfectly. To serve, simply allow it to thaw for 30 mins and then slice into it with a warm knife.
To decorate your no-bake cheesecake with sauces and candy, you’ll need to make sure it is fully frozen. Once hardened, remove the cake from the freezer, take off the springform pan band and place your cake on a serving platter or cake stand. Decorate it with crushed peanut butter cups, chocolate, and peanut butter sauce.
How to Make Peanut Butter Sauce
Making peanut butter sauce that freezes like a magic shell is super easy.
- Simply place creamy, full-fat peanut butter into a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Once done, stir and drizzle over the top of the FULLY FROZEN cake.
More No-Bake Desserts You’ll Love
- No Bake Cinnamon Cereal Truffles
- No Bake Lemon Cream Pie
- No Bake Butterfinger Cream Pie
- Easy 3 Ingredient Pineapple Dessert
Get the printable recipe below!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese *full fat, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 3/4 cup peanut butter creamy style
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 14.3 oz Oreos regular variety
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 6 peanut butter cups full size, crushed
- 3 tbsp peanut butter melted
- 2 tbsp chocolate drizzle
- Using a food processor, crush 1 package of Oreos until coarse crumbs form.
- Pour cookie crumbs into a large bowl, and combine them with the melted butter.
- Line a 9" greased spring form pan with crushed Oreos and butter mixture. Press the mixture into the bottom and along the sides of the pan. The crumbs should be tightly packed to set a thick crust.
- In a large bowl, add room temperature cream cheese and whip until fluffy with a hand mixer.
- Slowly add in the confectioners sugar.
- Once the cream cheese and sugar is combined and creamy, whip in the peanut butter. Once the batter is fluffy and fully mixed, set it aside.
- In a stand mixer add ALL the heavy whipping cream, and whip for 4-5 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Once the heavy whipping cream is fluffy, fold in all but ( 3/4 cup) into the PB & cream cheese mixture. You will want to combine the two gently using a rubber spatula.
- Once fully combined, pour mixture into the Oreo lined springform pan.
- Smooth mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Place remaining whipped cream in a piping bag, and pie on stars.
- Top with crushed peanut butter cups, chocolate, and peanut butter sauce.
- Cover springform pan with plastic wrap and place in a deep freezer for 4-6 hours to fully firm up.
- Once fully firm, coat with melted peanut butter, and chocolate sauce.
- To serve, use a heated knife. Place leftovers back in the freezer.