These ham & cheese pinwheels make a kid-friendly lunch or snack idea. You can easily swap meats, cheeses, or wrap flavors to create fun lunches that kids can assemble themselves. These are also great ham appetizers for parties and events!
Back to school is quickly approaching, and just this morning the reality set in that school starts September 6th here in New England. I still have to buy uniforms, back packs, school supplies, and more!
I am admittedly not on my back to school game this year. It is a bitter sweet school year because my little boy starts kindergarten. I am going to miss my little partner in crime. Speaking of my little man, he is one picky little eater! My son almost judges food by its looks and will not touch anything he does not find visually appealing.
I am/was dreading the back to school lunch packing because I don’t know what he will like by the time September rolls around. I do know he is currently loving these Ham & Cheese Pinwheels, so that is a plus. Made with ham, American Cheese, Spinach Wraps, and french onion dip, these savory little pinwheels are amazing!
Ham & Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 12" wrap We used spinach
- 2 slices sliced ham You can use your favorite variety.
- 1 tbsp French Onion Dip
- 2 slices American Cheese
- Spread French Onion Dip over the wrap. You do not want to over do it- a thin layer is good!
- Line only on half of each wrap with two pieces of sliced deli ham and two pieces of cheese.
- Tightly roll up the wrap and firmly wrap it in plastic wrap
- Place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Using a serrated bread knife cut about 1/2 inch of each wrap and discard.
- Cut pinwheels into 1/2 inch thick rolls. Enjoy right away.
These wraps are so easy to make that my older two kids can pitch in to help make their lunches the night before! I love how tasty they were and how they made lunch time fun!
What are some twists on classics that you will be making this back to school season?
Dairy Free says
Thanks for the recipe and that looks delicious.