This Two-Ingredient Item Strawberry Angel Food Cake comes together with just 2 store-bought items – strawberry pie filling and angel food cake mix. You won’t need eggs, water, oil, or any other ingredients to bake this cake. Similar to our Blueberry Angel Food Cake, Pineapple Angel Food Cake, or Cherry Angel Food Cake recipes, this cake is amazing!
This fluffy, strawberry cake is loaded with sweet strawberry flavor and can be made in a 9 x 13 cake pan. If you’re looking for a fresh and fruity dessert to add to your menu, this cake is perfect! Plus, it’s quick to make, requiring only 40 minutes for a delicious lower-calorie dessert.
Let’s get baking!
Why I Love this Cake
- Quick to make – Takes about 45 minutes from start to finish!
- Almost fool-proof – You just need to whisk the two-ingredient items together + bake!
- Family-friendly – My kids love this easy angel food cake recipe!
- Flavor – This cake is sweet, and tastes just like strawberries with a sponge-like texture.
I love this cake because it doesn’t require much of my effort, and my kids all love it! It is super fluffy, light, but satisfying, and a fuss-free bake. It is like a cross between a strawberry muffin and an angel food cake. I personally love mine with a dollop of whipped cream/topping and freshly sliced strawberries.
This cake could not be any easier! You just need one box of “just add water” Angel Food Cake mix and one can of strawberry pie filling. No water, oil, or anything else is needed for this recipe!
How to Make Strawberry Angel Food Cake
This cake is so simple to make and consists of only a few steps for success.
Adjust the oven rack to the center position and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set it aside.
In a large bowl, add the cake mix & the full can of strawberry pie filling.
Using a whisk, gently mix with just the tip of the whisk to avoid the powder from getting all over. Once the mixture begins to combine, use the full whisk and beat until fluffy and combined.
Pour mixture into the pan, and bake for 30-33 minutes. The top will be fluffy, and cracked, but will slightly sink as it cools.
Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes before slicing & enjoy!
Cake Mix – Be sure to only use the 16-ounce size “just add water” variety of Angel food cake mix.
Strawberry Filling – This is the same filling that is used in strawberry pies. The can size must be 21 ounces.
Nonstick Baking Spray – Ceramic pans need to be lightly greased. However, glass pans should only be greased on the bottom, not the walls.
Angel food cake rises and needs to “climb up” your pan. If you heavily grease it, the cake will not rise and will be a flat bust! Your cake will leave a coating in your glass pan, but once fully cooled you’ll be able to cleanly remove the slices.
Pan Size/Type – This can be baked in a 9 x 13 size rectangle pan, or a bundt cake pan. Personally, I prefer the 9 x 13 sized pan for the fluffiest cake.
Toppings – If you are following a specific lifestyle (like WW) I recommend using sugar-free whipped topping and berries. If not, whipped cream or topping like Cool Whip tastes really good! Even some vanilla ice cream would pair well!
How to Store this Cake
This cake can be frozen (with no toppings) after cooling in an airtight container for up to 30 days. When stored at room temperature it will last 3-4 days when covered tightly.
More Strawberry Dessert Ideas
- Classic Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- No-Bake Strawberry Gelatin Pie
- Strawberry Frozen Pie
- Strawberry Crinkle Cookies
- Strawberry Compote
Strawberry Angel Food Cake (Only 2 Ingredients)
- 1 9 x 13 baking dish
- oven adjusted to the center rack position
- 16 ounces Angel food cake
- 21 ounces Strawberry pie filling
- Adjust the oven rack to the center position and preheat your oven to 350° F.
- If using a ceramic pan, lightly grease it with nonstick baking spray and set it aside. If using a glass or non-stick pan, you don't need to grease it.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix & the full can of strawberry pie filling. Using a whisk, gently mix with just the tip of the whisk to avoid the powder from getting all over. Once the mixture begins to combine, use the full whisk and beat until fluffy and combined.
- Pour mixture into the cake pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes. The top will be fluffy, and cracked, but will slightly sink as it cools.
- Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes before slicing & enjoy!