Turkey Meatballs that Taste Like Cheeseburgers
Lately, I have found out that ground turkey is not that bad after all. For years I stayed away from it like the plague, but recently, I took a liking to this healthier ground beef alternative. With the right balance of seasonings ground turkey can be made into delicious meals like these Turkey Cheeseburger Meatballs Recipe .
I added some shredded cheddar, onion, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, and a few other must-haves to make a very moist, and tasty finger food. We ate them like little appetizers without any sauce, and loved them. The best part is, turkey is healthier and 50% cheaper than ground beef these days!
I suppose you could make these Turkey Cheeseburger Meatballs in the crock pot, but I prefer baking them for that slightly crunchy outer skin, and juicy inside. These would make an awesome sub or grinder sandwich, and can be made ahead of time.
- Ground turkey- 1/2 lbs
- Breadcrumbs- 3/4 cup
- Ketchup -1/4 cup
- Mustard- 1/4 cup
- Minced Onion-1 tablespoon
- Shredded Cheddar- 1/4 cup
- Salt & Pepper-Pinch
In a large bowl, add turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, and spices. Using your clean hands, mix turkey thoroughly.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Line a large baking dish with parchment paper
Form 1-2 inch meatballs *depends how big you like them
Bake for 25 minutes
*Serve these Turkey Cheeseburger Meatballs Recipe as an appetizer, pasta side, or in a sub sandwich.
Get the printable recipe for these Turkey Cheeseburger Meatballs below!
Turkey Cheeseburger Meatballs Recipe
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup pickles chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Line a large baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, add turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, and spices.
- Using your clean hands, mix turkey thoroughly.
- Form 1-2 inch meatballs *depends how big you like them
- Add meatballs to your baking sheet
- Bake for 25-30 minutes- serve warm.