It’s hard to find a quick and easy appetizer for dinner guests that are also fun. These Baked Jalapeno Wonton appetizers will not only satisfy your hunger, but they’ll be the highlight of your party! They’re perfect for gameday or anytime you want to spice up a regular night with friends.
There are few things more satisfying than biting into a crispy wonton. The crunch of the baked wonton, and creamy, inside all combine to make this appetizer something truly special. And now you can enjoy your favorite jalapeno poppers in a whole new way!
This recipe for baked jalapeno wontons is so simple and only takes about 30 minutes total from start to finish – perfect for weeknight dinners or when you need an appetizer quick. You’ll be amazed at how easy these are to whip up!
Before starting this recipe, you’ll want to verify that you have the following ingredients:
- Wonton wrappers – Found in the produce section of the grocery store near the tofu.
- Cream Cheese – softened to room temperature.
- Bacon – Precooked until crisp.
- Jalapenos – I prefer to use pickled, chopped jalapenos because they are not too spicy and are more flavorful.
- Shredded cheddar blend – You can use plain shredded cheddar, or a mixed shredded cheese blend.
- Garlic – 2 fresh cloves pressed add a nice flavor pop.
- Green onion – Add flavor and color.
- Worchestshire sauce – Adds a nice flavor to the mixture.
Equipment and Supplies Needed
We used the following equipment and supplies to make this recipe. Items that are optional or can be substituted will be noted.
- Muffin tins – You will need (2) 12-count tins.
- Oven – Adjusted to the center rack for baking.
- Mixing bowl & spoon – To mix the ingredients.
- Measuring cups & spoons – To measure the ingredients.
This recipe is easy to make if you know the right tips and tricks! Here are my tips for ensuring your Jalapeno Wontons comes out perfectly.
- Use two wonton papers per cup to make these sturdier. You want to stack them one on top of another.
- Low-fat turkey bacon and low-fat cream cheese/shredded cheese can be subbed in to make these less calories.
- Fresh jalapeños with the ribs and seeds removed (with gloved hands) can also be used.
- Sweet, diced rainbow peppers can be used in lieu of wonton wrappers. Simply stuff the mixture into peppers similar to this stuffed pepper recipe.
If you want to store your Jalapeno Wontons, just follow these easy steps.
These are best when eaten the same day, while warm. However, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Yes, they will lose some of their crispness. To reheat, add them to an air fryer for 3 minutes at 350F or bake them in an oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. until warmed.
More Delicious Wonton Appetizers to Try
- Baked Cream Cheese Wontons
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- Teriyaki Chicken Wontons
- Oven-Baked Crab Rangoons
- Wonton Taco Bites
Follow the recipe below to make Baked Jalapeno Wontons! This recipe makes 24 SERVINGS, but you can adjust the recipe card for other serving sizes.
Baked Jalapeno Wontons
- muffin tins (2, 12-count tins)
- mixing bowl & spoon
- measuring cups & spoon
- 48 wonton wrappers *you will use two for each cup layered.
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 slices bacon cooked until crisp, and chopped
- ¼ cup green onion diced
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup pickled jalapeno diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray your two muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray, and add two overlapped wonton wrappers to each; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the filling. Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture into each wonton space.
- Bake wontons for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden-brown and filling is bubbly.
Leave a Reply