Crab Meat Casserole
All opinions are mine alone. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Louis Kemp. #CrabDelightfulHoliday #CollectiveBias
Every time I go to our local Chinese buffet there is one dish that I cannot help but scoop up. It is called Crab Meat Casserole and it is the yummiest thing ever! It features imitation crab meat, sweet onions, and a creamy cheesy sauce that is oh, so good! All that yumminess is then topped with cheddar cheese for an even tastier dish.
I have been enjoying this for years and have always wanted to make it myself. After checking out several recipe forums, I pieced together the perfect combination of cheeses and ingredients to make a yummy Crab Meat Casserole that is sure to go quickly at potlucks and holiday gatherings.
For us, our Christmas Eve celebrations are always made tastier with several seafood bites. My mom makes stuffed clams, shrimp Mozambique, octopus, and a bunch more Portuguese side dishes. This year, I wanted to contribute to her food smorgasbord with this Crab Meat Casserole that I know my sister even love.
If you are interested in making this seafood casserole, you want to start out with a quality crab meat. I used Louis Kemp® Crab Delights® Chunk Style which I found near the seafood counter at Stop & Shop food stores.
Crab Delights are made with premium Wild Alaskan Pollock fillets, are gluten-free, and a good source of protein. Since they are naturally low in calories and cholesterol I often use this product in salads or eat it alone for lunch.
Crab Delights are available in flake and chunk style, and any of these varieties are fine for this casserole recipe.
Now that the holiday season is getting close, I really think this recipe would be perfect for gatherings.
You can also serve it appetizer style with some thick pita chips It can be eaten as is, or like a dip, since the recipe is really creamy.
Get this printable Crab Meat Casserole recipe below!
Pin this for later:
Crab Meat Casserole
- 1 8 ounce package Crab Delight Chunk or Flake style will work
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder onion powder, pepper to taste
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced into thin rings
- In a bowl, shred the crab meat into smaller chunks. Add the cream cheese, sour cream and shredded swiss to the bowl, and combine. Add in the onion and spices, and combine until fully mixed. Spread mixture into a casserole dish and then top with the cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 mins. Enjoy warm!