These creamy Guacamole Deviled Eggs are a twist on traditional deviled eggs! This party snack is the perfect harmony of guacamole and egg yolk mixture making these a wonderful high-protein, low-carb snack!
Spending time eating as a family is a priority in our home. I make it a point to have at least 3-4 family meals each week. With busy schedules and weeknight activities like the gym, it gets a little difficult at times to make a meal we can enjoy together. Sometimes we eat dinner as a family, and sometimes lunch.
The beauty of eating as a family at the dinner table is that I do not need to make a huge feast to enjoy the company of my little family. Dinners can be as simple as scrambled eggs, or deviled eggs with a salad.
This recipe is focused on the American Heart Association approved recipe for Guacamole Deviled Eggs. This nutritious deviled eggs recipe skimps on the mayo and uses low-fat sour cream as a replacement.
However, I found that if you use a super ripe avocado, the creaminess of that plus the yolks is plenty enough for the high-protein, and omega 3 filling.
These eggs also make a great lunch idea for anyone who wants a healthy option. You could even use this guacamole deviled eggs recipe for egg salad! I totally enjoyed these myself and they worked out well as a low-carb lunch!
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 9 large Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 1 medium avocado pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp fat-free sour cream can use full fat if preferred for keto
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomato can use roma, or tomatoes on the vine
- 1/4 cup scallions
- salt & pepper to taste
- cilantro to taste
- jalapeno, diced and de-seeded Optional. Be sure to wear gloves while handling jalapenos.
- Boil eggs for 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs from boiling water and run them under cool water as you peel them.
- Once peeled, slice the eggs in half, and add the yolks to a medium bowl.
- Slice, pit, and remove peel from avocado and add it to the egg yolks bowl.
- Add cilantro, jalapeno, spices, tomato, sour cream, and lime juice to the bowl with avocado and egg and mashed until creamy.
- Add mixture to a piping bag and pipe into the halved eggs.
- Enjoy! Chill remaining eggs.
Pin this yummy recipe for later!