These creamy Guacamole Deviled Eggs are a twist on traditional deviled eggs! This party snack is the perfect harmony of guacamole and egg yolk mixture making these a wonderful high-protein, low-carb snack!
Spending time eating as a family is a priority in our home. I make it a point to have at least 3-4 family meals each week. With busy schedules and weeknight activities like the gym, it gets a little difficult at times to make a meal we can enjoy together. Sometimes we eat dinner as a family, and sometimes lunch.
The beauty of eating as a family at the dinner table is that I do not need to make a huge feast to enjoy the company of my little family. Dinners can be as simple as scrambled eggs, or deviled eggs with a salad.
This recipe is focused on the American Heart Association approved recipe for Guacamole Deviled Eggs. This nutritious deviled eggs recipe skimps on the mayo and uses low-fat sour cream as a replacement.
However, I found that if you use a super ripe avocado, the creaminess of that plus the yolks is plenty enough for the high-protein, and omega 3 filling.
These eggs also make a great lunch idea for anyone who wants a healthy option. You could even use this guacamole deviled eggs recipe for egg salad! I totally enjoyed these myself and they worked out well as a low-carb lunch!
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 9 large Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 1 medium avocado pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp fat-free sour cream can use full fat if preferred for keto
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomato can use roma, or tomatoes on the vine
- 1/4 cup scallions
- salt & pepper to taste
- cilantro to taste
- jalapeno, diced and de-seeded Optional. Be sure to wear gloves while handling jalapenos.
- Boil eggs for 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs from boiling water and run them under cool water as you peel them.
- Once peeled, slice the eggs in half, and add the yolks to a medium bowl.
- Slice, pit, and remove peel from avocado and add it to the egg yolks bowl.
- Add cilantro, jalapeno, spices, tomato, sour cream, and lime juice to the bowl with avocado and egg and mashed until creamy.
- Add mixture to a piping bag and pipe into the halved eggs.
- Enjoy! Chill remaining eggs.
Pin this yummy recipe for later!
I love a good remixed deviled egg! I love avocado so much this would be something I would love to try and recreate in the future.
What a great idea to add Guacamole! I need to try this version!
Shannon Gurnee says
I love to make and eat deviled eggs, but I’ve never made it with guacamole. This looks and sounds like a delicious recipe!
Becca Wilson says
I never would have thought to make these with guacamole. I love deviled eggs so much and this is a great combo!
I love eggs and I love guacamole, but I never thought of mixing them together in a recipe. I will need to make these. I also love how they work as a snack.
Denise C says
That’s an interesting way to get some avocado into your diet. I would never have thought of it.
Veronica Vilora Solomon says
Oh yum! These deviled eggs look so yummy! And I will take anything with guacamole on it
That looks like an interesting way to make deviled eggs. It would make for a nutritious breakfast too. Thanks for the recipe. I am trying this one out soon.
I love this! Avocado and eggs are a classic combo. I’ve never seen it done quite like this before.
Bill Sweeney says
About the only time of year we have deviled eggs is Easter. One of our family members makes them every year. I will share this recipe with them, should they want to do a little something different. These look yummy.
robin rue says
I have actually never had a deviled egg before, but I know I’d like them. Especially with guac!!