Creamy, Low-Carb Guacamole Deviled Eggs
These creamy guacamole and egg yolk mixture guacamole deviled eggs make a wonderful high-protein, low-carb snack! Thank you Eggland’s Best for sponsoring this recipe post. All views are my own.
Spending time eating as a family is a priority in our home. I make it a point to have at least 3-4 family meals each week. With busy schedules and weeknight activities like the gym, it gets a little difficult at times to make a meal we can enjoy together. Sometimes we eat dinner as a family, and sometimes lunch. In honor of National Family Meals Month™ in September, Eggland’s Best and the American Heart Association’s Healthy For Good™ movement are calling on families across America to take the Family Meals Pledge and commit to spending an additional “dozen” minutes around the table while enjoying nutritious meals together.
The beauty of eating as a family at the dinner table is that I do not need to make a huge feast to enjoy the company of my little family. Dinners can be as simple as scrambled eggs, or deviled eggs with a salad. Today’s recipe is focused on the American Heart Association approved recipe for Guacamole Deviled Eggs. This nutritious deviled eggs recipe skimps on the mayo and uses low-fat sour cream as a replacement. However, I found that if you use a super ripe avocado, the creaminess of that plus the yolks is plenty enough for the high-protein, and omega 3 filling.
I used Eggland’s Best Eggs for this recipe because I love their quality. They are the #1 branded egg in the U.S. and are an excellent source of vitamins D, B12, E, B5 and riboflavin. EB eggs have six times more vitamin D, more than double the Omega-3s, 10 times more vitamin E and 25% less saturated fat than ordinary eggs. Independent testing has also confirmed that Eggland’s Best eggs stay fresher longer than ordinary eggs. Learn more about Eggland’s Best eggs’ nutrition.
These eggs make a great lunch idea for anyone who wants a healthy option. You could even use this guacamole deviled eggs recipe for egg salad! I totally enjoyed these myself and they worked out well as a low-carb lunch!
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 9 large Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 medium avocado pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp fat-free sour cream can use full fat if preferred for keto
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomato can use roma, or tomatoes on the vine
- 1/4 cup scallions
- salt & pepper to taste
- cilantro to taste
- jalapeno, diced and de-seeded Optional. Be sure to wear gloves while handling jalapenos.
- Boil eggs for 20 minutes.Remove eggs from boiling water and run them under cool water as you peel them.Once peeled, slice the eggs in half, and add the yolks to a medium bowl. Slice, pit, and remove peel from avocado and add it to the egg yolks bowl.Add cilantro, jalapeno, spices, tomato, sour cream, and lime juice to the bowl with avocado and egg and mashed until creamy.Add mixture to a piping bag and pipe into the halved eggs. Enjoy! Chill remaining eggs.
Pin this yummy recipe for later!