Best Vanilla Bean Scones Recipe & Vanilla Bean Glaze Ever!
Perfectly spiced with vanilla bean paste, these buttery, and soft scones are the perfect companion for tea. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I don’t know about you, but I love to unwind after a long day with a hot cup of Bigelow Cozy Chamomile Tea. It is a US manufactured brand I have bought for years, and one that I turn to for freshness, and quality ingredients.
I was super excited to work on this post because I “TEA PROUDLY” by choosing Bigelow.
In fact, there is even a community for all you smart and savvy Bigelow Tea drinkers. Tea proudly is a platform for tea drinkers (brought to you by Bigelow) to elevate tea, share your tea passion, and ultimately, make tea part of the conversation. Tea is actually the second most widely consumed drink in the world (second to water). 82% of Americans drink tea, and 42% of them are under 30!
I love my nightly cup of Bigelow Cozy Chamomile Tea because the vibrant flavor helps me to relax and brings a calming sensation over me to help me relax before bed. Sometimes, I even pair my hot cup of tea with a dessert.
Today, I am featuring these Vanilla Bean Scones that are mighty tasty, and surprisingly easy to make.
Many people forget how tasty scones are because they are not as popular of a dessert as compared to cookies, or cake. Sometimes, people even are under the misconception that they are doughy, bland, or dry. With this Vanilla Bean Scones recipe, I hope to change that!
Want to make these Vanilla Bean Scones? Here is what you will need:
Vanilla Bean Scones Recipe & Tea
- 2 1/2 cups white unbleached flour +1 tablespoon to flour your hands, work area, and pastry cutter
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon reserved from sprinkling over the top of the scones before baking
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 12 tablespoons butter cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste buy on Amazon
- 1 /2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk * adjust slightly if glaze is too thick
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pre-heat over to 425
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare a lightly floured work area. Coat your pastry cutter
- In a stand mixer, add the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar
- Add the cubed butter, and mix until the dough forms tiny balls.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla, milk, and then add it to the mixer
- The dough should come together and form a ball
- Remove dough and transfer to your floured work area
- Shape the dough into a 1" thick circle
- Using your pastry cutter, divide dough into 8 pieces
- Bake for 12-14 mins or until golden brown edges form
- For the Glaze, whisk the powdered sugar, whole milk, and vanilla bean paste together until thick and creamy, but pour-able
- Pour the glaze over the warm scones, and enjoy!
If you like these Vanilla Bean Scones, you might like these Pumpkin Spice Scones too!