Vanilla Bean Scones Recipe & Tea
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but I love to unwind after a long day with a hot cup of Bigelow Cozy Chamomile Tea. It is a US manufactured brand I have bought for years, and one that I turn to for freshness, and quality ingredients.
I was super excited to work on this post because I “TEA PROUDLY” by choosing Bigelow.
In fact, there is even a community for all you smart and savvy Bigelow Tea drinkers. Tea proudly is a platform for tea drinkers (brought to you by Bigelow) to elevate tea, share your tea passion, and ultimately, make tea part of the conversation. Tea is actually the second most widely consumed drink in the world (second to water). 82% of Americans drink tea, and 42% of them are under 30!
See how dedicated Bigelow is with this #TeaProudly video:
I love my nightly cup of Bigelow Cozy Chamomile Tea because the vibrant flavor helps me to relax and brings a calming sensation over me to help me relax before bed. Sometimes, I even pair my hot cup of tea with a dessert.
Today, I am featuring these Vanilla Bean Scones that are mighty tasty, and surprisingly easy to make.
Many people forget how tasty scones are because they are not as popular of a dessert as compared to cookies, or cake. Sometimes, people even are under the misconception that they are doughy, bland, or dry. With this Vanilla Bean Scones recipe, I hope to change that!
Want to make these Vanilla Bean Scones? Here is what you will need:
- 2½ cups of white unbleached flour +1 tablespoon to flour your hands, work area, and pastry cutter
- ¼ cup of sugar + 1 tablespoon reserved from sprinkling over the top of the scones before baking
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- 12 tablespoons of butter cubed
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste (buy on Amazon)
- 1 /2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk * adjust slightly if glaze is too thick
- ½ tsp of vanilla bean paste
- Whisk together until thick, and creamy, but pour-able
- Pre-heat over to 425
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare a lightly floured work area. Coat your pastry cutter
- In a stand mixer, add the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar
- Add the cubed butter, and mix until the dough forms tiny balls.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla, milk, and then add it to the mixer
- The dough should come together and form a ball
- Remove dough and transfer to your floured work area
- Shape the dough into a 1" thick circle
- Using your pastry cutter, divide dough into 8 pieces
- Bake for 12-14 mins or until golden brown edges form
Don’t forget the icing! The vanilla bean glaze is also the perfect touch which provides just enough sweetness.
In fact, they would go well with any hot flavor of Bigelow Tea which you can purchase right at your local Walmart store.
We found our’s conveniently in the tea and coffee isle. They have plenty of variety, priced right too!
Need some relaxation in your life? Enter to possibly win this Ultimate Relaxation Getaway Sweeps:
#TeaProudly Bigelow Sweepstakes Pin this image for later: