These easy vanilla scones are buttery, moist, and perfectly balanced with vanilla flavors. Topped with a sweet and sticky vanilla bean glaze, these make the perfect dessert companion for hot tea. The best scones I’ve ever had!
Today, I am featuring these Vanilla Scones that are mighty tasty, and surprisingly easy to make.
Many people forget how tasty scones are because they are not as popular of a dessert as compared to cookies, or cake. Sometimes, people even are under the misconception that they are doughy, bland, or dry. With this Vanilla Bean Scones recipe, I hope to change that!
This scone recipe is made similar to a biscuit with bits of butter baked throughout the dough. It creates a fluffy, moist and buttery scone that’s anything but dry or bland!
How to Make These Scones:
Here are a few tips for making the perfect scones:
I used our KitchenAid stand mixer with the paddle attachment to mix the dough. It’s faster than mixing by hand. However, if you don’t own a stand mixer, you can combine all the ingredients with a mixing soon and kneed by hand.
I used a high quality vanilla bean paste in this recipe. You could get away with vanilla extract in the dough, but the paste takes the glaze to a whole new level of flavor! Therefore, I recommend Nielsen Massey Pure Vanilla Bean Paste. It’s the best vanilla bean paste available and worth the investment.
Easy Scone Recipe (With Vanilla Bean Glaze)!
- 2 1/2 cups white unbleached flour +1 tablespoon to flour your hands, work area, and pastry cutter
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon reserved from sprinkling over the top of the scones before baking
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 12 tablespoons butter cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 /2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk * adjust slightly if glaze is too thick
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pre-heat to 425
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare a lightly floured work area. Coat your pastry cutter
- Using the paddle attachment In a stand mixer, add the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar to the mixing bowl. Turn it on to low.
- Add the cubed butter, and mix until the dough forms tiny balls.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla, milk, and then add it to the mixer
- The dough should come together and form a ball
- Remove dough and transfer to your floured work area
- Shape the dough into a 1″ thick circle
- Using your pastry cutter, divide dough into 8 pieces
- Bake for 12-14 mins or until golden brown edges form
- Whisk the powdered sugar, whole milk, and vanilla bean paste together until thick and creamy. (similar to a honey consistency)
- Pour the glaze over the warm scones, and enjoy!
These scones were so moist, so tasty, and perfect with our hot tea. Don’t forget the icing! The vanilla bean glaze is also the perfect touch which provides just enough sweetness.
If you like these Vanilla Bean Scones, you might like these Pumpkin Spice Scones too!
Pin this image for later: