If you’re looking for a quick and simple pumpkin spice cake dessert recipe, then this is it! This pumpkin spice cake has been a family favorite of mine. It only has two ingredients, but it tastes amazing! With this recipe, you get a super moist cake with no water, butter, eggs, or oil!
This would make a great dessert to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. You can make it with any flavor of frosting/icing as well as some different toppings. It’s so easy to whip up and bake, which makes this the perfect dessert to have after dinner on those busy weekends!
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Cake? Yes, please!
A two ingredient pumpkin spice cake is great for the holidays. You don’t need any special ingredients or equipment, and this recipe only takes about 45 minutes to make! It’s perfect for bakers who are on a budget (about $3 to make) or don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen. What are you waiting for? Start baking today!
Spice Cake + Canned Pumpkin
I know, I know--it is super hard to believe that a boxed Spice Cake + a 15 ounce can of pureed pumpkin can bake up a complete cake, but it is true! Canned pumpkin has a lot of excess water in it so it does provide all the moisture you need to successfully bake up a full-size bundt cake. In fact, you can bake this in a rectangle cake pan as well, or even muffins!
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Cake
This cake is super easy to make! You will need the following:
- An oven- adjusted to the center rack position.
- A 10-cup bundt pan *or see other baking pan below.
- Whisk to mix batter.
- Baking spray to prevent the cake from sticking.
- 15.5 ounces spice cake mix
- 15 ounces of pumpkin puree
With every recipe, there are some variations that you can bake up with no issues.
Cake – This recipe can be made with chocolate or vanilla cake mix in 15.5 ounce size. You do need to add warm spices for added flavor. 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon makes a world of difference.
Mix ins – This cake would taste amazing with chopped nuts or chocolate chips.
Frosting – I used confectionary sugar + milk, but this is also delicious with powdered sugar, cream cheese frosting, or even plain!
Pan size – As mentioned, these can be baked into different sized pans. For muffins, bake at 400 degrees F. for 18-20 minutes. For mini muffins, bake for 12-15 minutes. For a 9 x 9 rectangle pan reduce the heat to 350 degrees F. and bake for 25-27 minutes.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Mini Pumpkin Pancake Bites
- Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pecan Cake
- Pumpkin Turnovers
- Pumpkin Spice Snowballs
This cake will last at room temperature for up to 3 days when wrapped tight. You can also freeze cooled slices individually, or the entire bundt. Just be sure to wrap each with layers of plastic wrap and store in an airtight container or freezer bags.
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 10-cup bundt pan
- Oven (adjusted to center rack)
- mixing bowl
- nonstick baking spray
- 15.5 ounces Spice Cake Mix
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 10-cup bundt pan with nonstick spray
- Mix pumpkin and cake mix until thick and flour streak free.
- Pour batter into the pan. Bake for 26- 30 minutes. Cake will feel firm and spring back when touched. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
- Allow cake to cool (about an hour) before removing it from the pan, and adding any frosting/icing.
- If you want icing, mix the milk and powdered sugar until thick and creamy. Pour over the cooled cake. Slice, and enjoy!