Creamy Velveeta Cheese, crisp bacon, spinach, cream cheese, and RO*TEL are baked into a cheesy, delicious hot dip that pairs well with thick tortilla chips. This dip is very fool-proof and will have your family wanting more!
Searching for a delicious game day dip recipe that you can bake in the oven? Perhaps you want something tasty that uses Velveeta Cheese? If you are wanting something savory with a hint of spice, this cheesy dip is for you!
We were inspired to try this tasty recipe which we found on the My Food and Family Kraft recipe site. I knew we had to give it a whirl since we are cheese-a-holics! The addition of bacon was a genius, no-brainer since bacon makes everything tastier! However, you could add in chopped ham, or maybe even hamburger crumbles!
Cheesy Bacon & Spinach Dip Ingredients
Want to make this cheesy dip? Chances are you will need to pick some stuff up from the grocery store! Below you will find the 5 items you will need for this crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- cream cheese
- frozen chopped spinach
- RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, original
Making Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip
This dip literally cannot be any easier to put together. You really just have to cube the VELVEETA, cook and drain the spinach according to the package, crisp up the bacon, and chop it. Add the undrained RO*TEL to the bowl, half the bacon, mix and add to the baking dish.
Then top with remaining bacon crumbles, and bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Voila– you will have the most tastiest game day or party appetizer on the block!
Double or Shrink this Recipe
This dip recipe makes approximately 5 cups of dip, but can be catered to make more or less. To make more, simply double this recipe, and bake for 25 minutes! To make less, use half the amount and a smaller baking dish, and bake for 15 minutes. This recipe makes 32 servings at 2 tablespoons each!
While this recipe is pretty solid in itself, you can make some minor changes to add more flavor or use what you might have on-hand.
Spinach- You can use fresh spinach in this recipe. I suggest using 4 cups of fresh spinach. This spinach can easily be cooked down in a skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil.
Meat- This recipe tastes amazing with bacon, but you can sub in one cup of cooked, ground sausage.
RO*TEL- If you do not like this product you can use a small, 4.5 ounce, drained jar of plain green chilies. This will make this dip more spicier.
More Hot Dips to Try
Cheesy Bacon & Spinach Dip
- 3.5 quart casserole dish
- 1 pound VELVEETA (16 ounce package) cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach cooked, drained (remove all moisture)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies undrained
- 8 slices bacon cooked until crisp, chopped
- Prepare spinach according to the package. Be sure any excess moisture is completely removed. You may also cook down fresh spinach quickly in a pan. If you use fresh spinach, use 4 cups of fresh leaves before cooking.
- Cook bacon until fully cooked and crisp. Once cooled, chop bacon into small pieces.
- Cube VELVEETA into small one inch cubes, and place them in a large bowl.
- Drain RO*TEL and add it to the large bowl with the cheese. Add in half the bacon, the softened cream cheese, and all the spinach. Mix until combined and transfer to a baking dish.
- Add remaining bacon to the top of the baking dish and bake cheese dip for 20 minutes. Cheese will be slightly browned on the edges and bubbly.
- Serve dip warm with thick cut tortilla chips. Enjoy!