Roasted Garlic Hummus made without tahini. This flavorful dip or spread features freshly pureed chickpeas, spice, olive oil, and caramelized, roasted garlic. It’s the perfect snack for a party or anytime! This post contains affiliate links.
Now that I have lost a little over 30 pounds, I have been snacking smarter and making better eating choices.
Sadly chips and cream-based dips can really pack on the calories and weight! So, I have been snacking smarter with salsas and hummus while nixing the calorie-laden dips.
This Roasted Garlic Hummus (without Tahini) recipe pairs so well with a healthier snack like Harvest Snaps.
Have you ever tried Harvest Snaps? I found them in the produce aisle at my local Stop & Shop retailer.
Harvest Snaps are baked, crunchy veggie crisps made from high quality ingredients. Veggies are the first ingredient (green peas, black beans, or red lentil), and there is 4-5 grams of plant-based protein and 4-5 grams of fiber in each serving!
I love the crunch Harvest Snaps have! The Lightly Salted goes so well with this Roasted Garlic Hummus– but actually–any flavor does since this hummus is mild.
Roasted Garlic Hummus without Tahini Recipe
Since this hummus does not use tahini, chances are you might have all the ingredients needed right at home!
The first step to making this recipe is to roast the garlic. I don’t know about you, but I love the taste and aroma of fresh roasted garlic!
How to Roast the Garlic:
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Remove the extra papery skin from your entire garlic bulb and discard.
- Cut a little over 1/4″ carefully off the full top surface of the bulb to reveal the cloves.
- Place bulb(s) in muffin tin to allow them to bake nicely without falling over.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until tops are deep golden brown and jelly-like.
- With a small fork, remove the caramelized, jellied bulbs.
These are delicious not only in this roasted garlic hummus, but also on fresh crusty bread & more!
I love how the roasted garlic gave this hummus a delicious flavor without being too bold.
I didn’t want it to be too strong and think the acid from the lemon juice, salt, and pepper helped to balance it out!
Pin this Roasted Garlic Chickpea Hummus without Tahini today!
Want to make this creamy hummus? Get the printable recipe below!
Roasted Garlic Hummus without Tahini
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 head garlic peel off papery skin, and cut about 1/4 inch off top
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil Use a quality blend for best taste
- 1 1/4 sea salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cut 1/4 in. off the end of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves.
- Place the garlic bulb, cut side up, in a muffin tin to prevent it from tipping over.
- Roast garlic bulb for 30 minutes or until soft and caramelized.
- Scoop cloves out from the bulb.
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, garlic, spice, oil and lemon juice.
- Puree until creamy
- Serve with dippers or store in fridge for up to 3 days.