Easy Strawberry Banana Shake & My Breakfast Routine
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
Ahh, the joys of being a mom to three kids during breakfast time; the most hectic time of the day. There is never a dull moment around here from 7-8 am. From tantrums concerning overripe fruit to last-minute breakfast hacks; every morning is a new challenge until that glorious time where my girls go to school. Sometimes, do to poor planning, I even forget to eat breakfast and rely on my coffee to magically nourish me which doesn’t exactly work out well.
Since my kids are picky mcpickies, they often will like one breakfast food one week, and hate it the next. I was just about at my wits end and then in came Carnation Breakfast Essentials® to my rescue! I knew that years ago, this was my husband’s favorite breakfast solution, but then life got in the way and things got hectic. Well, guess what? Carnation Breakfast Essentials® is back and it is here to stay!
For 7 days straight, I decided to nix the sweet cereal breakfasts and bring back the more healthier options. That is where the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® 7-Day Challenge came into play.
I purchased both the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Ready-to-Drink Bottles in Creamy Strawberry and the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder products in Vanilla and Chocolate (also available in Strawberry) at my local Walmart. They were located conveniently in the breakfast aisle, and priced well within my budget.
For one week, I decided to experiment with different nutritious additions to the already delicious Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials® products.
I added various fruits, and seeds to our shakes to see what the perfect blend would be for my family. After trying the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Vanilla Powder mixed with fresh strawberries, bananas, and chia seeds we hit the breakfast jackpot!
Not only did my kids LOVE their morning shake, but so did I!
Easy Strawberry Banana Shake
- 1 cup of lowfat cold milk
- 1 packet of Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Vanilla
- 3 large Strawberries
- 1/2 large banana
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- Place milk, Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Vanilla packet, and sliced fruit into blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with chia. Optionally, you can add 1/2 cup of ice to make a thicker, and more icy shake.
The best part?
Plus, it sure beats having to toast like 10 waffles every morning or make a bunch of oatmeal!
Ready to get started? Follow these easy steps:
1. Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com
2. Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day!
3. Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
4. Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.
Will you be joining this delicious challenge? If so, you should totally try this Easy Strawberry Banana Shake to get you started!