Cheesy Pull-Apart Christmas Tree Bread is a delicious and festive appetizer that is perfect for any holiday gathering. It is made with refrigerated biscuit dough, cheese sticks, and your favorite herbs and spices. The bread is shaped like a Christmas tree and is baked until golden brown and bubbly. When it is done baking, simply pull apart the biscuits and enjoy!
This appetizer is easy to make and can be customized to your liking. You can use different types of cheese sticks, such as mozzarella, cheddar, or Monterey Jack. You can also add other ingredients to the dough balls, such as ranch seasoning, additional cheese, or chopped herbs.
Our family enjoyed this as a quick weekend lunch for the kids, but it can also serve as a snack holiday party food, or appetizer.
Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Christmas Tree Bread
Pizza Dough – The pizza dough is the base of the bread. It is made from flour, water, salt, and yeast. The yeast causes the dough to rise, giving it a light and fluffy texture.
Parmesan cheese – The Parmesan cheese adds flavor and richness to the bread. It also helps to create a golden-brown crust when the bread is baked.
Butter – The butter is used to brush the biscuits before baking. This helps to give the biscuits a shiny and crispy crust.
Italian herbs – The Italian herbs add flavor and complexity to the bread. They can be any combination of herbs you prefer such as as oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary.
Minced Garlic – The garlic adds a garlicky flavor to the bread. It can be adjusted to taste, depending on how much garlic you enjoy.
Red Pepper flakes – The dried crushed red pepper flakes add a bit of heat to the bread. They can be omitted if you do not like spicy food.
Marinara Sauce – The marinara sauce is served for dipping the bread in. It adds a delicious tomato-based flavor to the bread.
Mozzarella Cheese sticks – The mozzarella cheese sticks are the main filling for the bread. They provide a gooey and delicious cheese center for the bread.
How to Make a Pizza Dough Christmas Tree
Unwrap the pizza dough and roll it out on a lightly floured surface.
Divide the dough into 18-19 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
Flatten each dough ball into a 4-inch circle.
Cut the mozzarella stick into thirds and place one piece of cheese in the center of the ball.
According to the image, arrange the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree.
Brush the dough balls with the melted butter and herb mixture. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with fresh rosemary, sage, and cranberries as garnish.
Add the yellow pepper star to the top and enjoy immediately.
Can I use store-bought pizza dough?
Yes, you can use store-bought pizza dough to make this bread. It will save you time and effort. You can also use homemade pizza dough, crescent, or biscuit dough although cooking times may vary.
Can I make this bread ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the bread and assemble it ahead of time. Store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake. Then, bake it according to the instructions.
What are some tips for making this bread?
- Make sure the butter is melted but not hot when brushing the dough.
- Don’t overwork the dough.
- Let the dough rise according to the package instructions.
- Don’t overcook the bread. It should be golden brown but not dry.
- Get creative with the toppings!
Appetizers to try this Season
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Parmesan Stars
- Creamy Loaded Potato Dip
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
- Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Peppers
Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread Tree
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- oven adjusted to the center rack position
- Pizza Cutter
- 16 ounces pizza dough
- 6 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 large yellow bell pepper cut into a star shape
- fresh rosemary
- fresh sage
- fresh cranberry
- Unwrap the pizza dough and roll it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 18-19 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Flatten each dough ball into a 4-inch circle.
- Cut mozzarella stick into thirds and place one piece of cheese in the center of the ball.
- According to the image, arrange the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Brush the dough balls with the melted butter and herb mixture. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh rosemary, sage, and cranberries as garnish.
- Add the yellow pepper star to the top and enjoy immediately.